If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That seems to be the mantra for a lot of inter-county teams this weekend (hello, Tipperary), as Kilkenny senior hurling manager Derek Lyng has named an unchanged starting fifteen for Sunday’s clash with Wexford.
The Cats head to Chadwick’s Wexford Park for a 2pm throw-in on Sunday knowing that a win or a draw will see them through to this year’s Leinster senior hurling final, scheduled for 11 June. The result of Dublin and Galway’s clash will determine the other team in the final. Of course there’s every possibility that Kilkenny don’t make the final if Wexford take a much-needed win and Dublin manage to overcome Galway with some room to spare. With Wexford facing the threat of relegation out of Leinster for next season, Sunday’s game brings an extra pressure on the Model County.
Kilkenny team v Wexford
- Eoin Murphy (Glenmore)
- Mikey Butler (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Huw Lawlor (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Tommy Walsh (Tullaroan)
- David Blanchfield (Bennettsbridge)
- Richie Reid (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Darragh Corcoran (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Adrian Mullen (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Paddy Deegan (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Tom Phelan (Conahy Shamrocks)
- John Donnelly (Thomastown)
- Billy Ryan (Graigue Ballycallan)
- Martin Keoghan (Tullaroan)
- TJ Reid (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Eoin Cody (C, Shamrocks Ballyhale)
Subs: Aidan Tallis (Lisdowney), Conor Delaney (Erin’s Own), Cillian Buckley (Dicksboro), Pádraig Walsh (Tullaroan), Conor Fogarty (Erin’s Own), Alan Murphy (Glenmore), Timmy Clifford (Dicksboro), Walter Walsh (Tullogher Rosbercon), Cian Kenny (James Stephens), Shane Walsh (Tullaroan), Billy Drennan (Galmoy)
Wexford team v Kilkenny
Follow the game live in full on KCLR this Sunday from 2pm with thanks to Laharts, Kilkenny. Coverage begins with pre-match analysis from 1.30pm brought to you by Gerry Comerford Drilling Ltd.