Our Black & Amber news is brought to you on air an online with thanks to Glanbia and Avonmore Protein Milk.
The family of the late, great Mick O’Neill, former groundsman of Nowlan Park, are auctioning a signed Kilkenny jersey which has been sponsored by Kilkenny GAA Supporters Club.
To place a bid, contact Kevin McGarry on 085 780 54 51.
Kevin & cousin Shane have also organised this charity event in memory of their Grandfather and would love your support.
Black & Amber Jewellery
Mary Wong’s selling her black & amber jewellery in aid of Cois Nore Cancer Support Centre on Friday and Saturday, August 16 & 17. Find her on John Street opposite The Wine Centre between 10am & 12noon.
As part of the Kilkenny Arts Festival Kilkenny Castle is being lit up nightly from Wednesday, August 14 to Saturday, August 17. Including in the black & amber! Rose Garden gates open at 10:15pm for the performance which 10:40pm.
You can’t beat an All Ireland for bringing out the rivalries, especially when neighbouring counties are involved – check out the craic between Tipperary & Kilkenny libraries!
All Ireland Preview Show This Friday
Join the KCLR team and a growing panel of guests including Brian Hogan, Adrian Ronan, Kieran Joyce, John Power, John Kinsella, Richie Power, Dave O’Neill, Martin Quilty and Aine Connery as we go through the teams and build up to this Sunday’s hurling finals and Saturday’s All-Ireland camogie semi-finals.
Pop in to Matt The Miller’s, John Street, Kilkenny in time for our 8pm kick-off.
Knots Down & Out
Band Knots Down & Out comprises Kilkenny members, Mark Rothwell & Barry Byrne with the Castlecomer duo are joined by the banjo-playing Anthony Barrett who’s originally from Tipperary! They’ve rejigged their All Ireland track …
Meanwhile, the lads have organised this event for Thursday, August 15:
Kilkenny Supporters Club
Looking to pick up a new Kilkenny jersey or add to your black and amber at home or for the office? Check out the Kilkenny GAA Supporters Club wagon at Nowlan Park this week.
They’ve everything from mugs to flags and more.
Kilmoganny’s MC Carlo has brought out his own tribute to the Kilkenny hurlers – have a listen:
In the build-up to Sunday’s clash of the ash John Locke’s GAA Club in Callan is selling lines for their All Ireland Hurling Final Guess the Score competition & would appreciate your support. You’ll find cards in a number of local businesses – cost is €2 a line with a prize pot of €250.
Cool For Cats …
Plenty of Black & Amber songs doing the rounds – this one’s notching up tens of thousands of views:
Time to test your grey matter – take part in the Drive for Liam Radio Quiz on Tuesday, August 13:
Or swing by Listerlin for this event on Friday, August 16:
The Black and Amber is going up around Kilkenny with flags and bunting out on city streets and approach roads to the city.
If you’ve got colours to share, why not WhatsApp your pictures to studio on 083 3069696.
While businesses & homeowners are encouraged to deck out their own areas as well. Ossory Park is already glowing thanks to the residents:
Bus Timetables: JJ Kavanagh & Sons
Services from Kilkenny to Dublin City Centre
The following services are in place for supporters travelling to the match;
- 07:20hrs Kilkenny – (Ormonde Rd/Glendine Inn) – Dublin City (Eden Quay)
- 08:50hrs Kilkenny – (Ormonde Rd/Glendine Inn) – Dublin City (Eden Quay)
- 10:50hrs Kilkenny – (Ormonde Rd/Glendine Inn) – Dublin City (Eden Quay)
- 12:50hrs Kilkenny – (Ormonde Rd/Glendine Inn) – Dublin City (Eden Quay)
Returning Services from Dublin City Centre to Kilkenny/Clonmel
The following services are in place for supporters travelling from the match;
- 17:00hrs – Dublin City (Ulster Bank, Georges Quay) to Kilkenny/Clonmel
- 18:00hrs – Dublin City (Ulster Bank, Georges Quay) to Kilkenny/Clonmel
- 19:00hrs – Dublin City (Ulster Bank, Georges Quay) to Kilkenny/Clonmel
- 21:00hrs – Dublin City (Ulster Bank, Georges Quay) to Kilkenny/Clonmel
For more information or to book click here
Train Timetables: Irish Rail
Irish Rail has a number of existing & extra services on All Ireland match day but you need to book early to ensure a seat:
- 09.05hrs Waterford to Heuston (scheduled service, serves all normal stops en route)
- 09.25hrs Kilkenny to Heuston (special service, non-stop)
- 09.40hrs Waterford to Heuston (special service, serves Thomastown and Muine Bheag only)
For the return journey:
- 18.20hrs Heuston to Waterford (special service, serves Muine Bheag, Kilkenny and Thomastown)
- 18.40hrs Heuston to Waterford (scheduled service, serves all normal stops en route)
- 19.15hrs Heuston to Waterford (special service, serves Muine Bheag, Kilkenny and Thomastown)
Advance booking is essential for these trains – tickets will notbe available on the day of travel.
Customers should also note:
- Tickets will be train specific: to ensure comfort of customers, you must travel on the train you have booked
- These trains will all be alcohol-free: no alcohol can be brought on board, nor will it be available for sale on board
Tickets for all these trains are currently available to book at www.irishrail.ie