The greatest club competition in football is back as the Champions League returns to action for the 2022/23 season tonight.
Real Madrid beat Liverpool in the 2022 decider this past May in Paris and begin the defence of their title tonight in Group F against Celtic.
Matchday one (Tuesday) features all the games from groups E, F, G and H with Chelsea and Man City representing the Premier League’s interests.
Tomorrow night (Wednesday) sees Liverpool and Spurs in action as games from groups A through D get underway. All of the Premier League sides are separated with Liverpool in Group A alongside Ajax, Rangers and Napoli while Spurs are in Group D with Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and Eintracht Frankfurt providing the opposition.
2021 champions Chelsea are expected to feature Pierre Emerick Aubameyang tonight when they start away to Dinamo Zagreb in the early kick-off with FC Salzburg and AC Milan also waiting in the wings. Pep Guardiola meanwhile has Erling Haaland in his arsenal this year as Man City face his old club Borussia Dortmund, FC Copenhagen and Sevilla in Group G.
Here’s how the fixtures look for this week.
- 5.45pm Dinamo Zagreb v Chelsea
- 8.00pm FC Salzburg v AC Milan
- 8.00pm Celtic v Real Madrid
- 8.00pm RB Leipzig v Shaktar Donetsk
- 5.45pm Borussia Dortmund v FC Copenhagen
- 8.00pm Sevilla v Man City
- 8.00pm Benfica v Maccabi Haifa
- 8.00pm PSG v Juventus
- 5.45pm Ajax v Rangers
- 8.00pm Napoli v Liverpool
- 8.00pm Atletico Madrid v FC Porto
- 8.00pm Club Brugge v Bayer Leverkusen
- 8.00pm Barcelona v Viktoria Pizen
- 8.00pm Inter v Bayern Munich
- 5.45pm Eintracht Frankfurt v Sporting CP
- 8.00pm Tottenham Hotspur v Marseille