This week on The Clash Act podcast, Eddie was joined in studio by a true Kilkenny legend, a nine time Leinster winner, nine time All Ireland winner, three time All Star, none other then Noel Hickey.
The Dunnamaggin man who is cited by many of his hurling peers as one of the best full-backs of his generation sat down for over an hour and discussed the following
- His retirement.
- Playing for Dunnamaggin with his brothers.
- County finals at just 16 & how unfortunate it is that something like that cannot happen now.
- Marking DJ Carey.
- Taking the year off for his heart condition.
- Kilkenny & Galway rivalry.
- Why stopping Cork in 2006 was his most enjoyable season.
- Criticism of the current state of hurling & is it overblown?
- How Kilkenny are looking heading into the championship & their change of style.
- Missing the four in a row due to injury & losing the chance at five in a row.
Listen to the full interview below or on your favourite podcast app
If you like what you hear, why not dip into the archives and listen back to some of the recent episodes where we deep-dive into careers of former Kilkenny hurlers Brian Hogan, PJ Ryan, Paul Murphy, Peter Cleere, Eoin Larkin, John Mulhall and Richie Power, Waterford’s Dan Shanahan , Roscommon’s Frankie Dolan, All-Ireland senior camogie winner with Kilkenny Denise Gaule, Katie Nolan & Power, Carlow’s Niall Carew & Brian Tracey, Cork All Star Larry Tompkins, former Galway All-Ireland winners Eugene Cloonan and Kevin Walsh or All-Ireland winner with Offaly Michael Duignan.
Better yet you can follow The Clash Act on your favourite podcast platform or log onto the KCLR app for fresh weekly episodes.
This podcast was brought to you with thanks to Morrissey Motors Kilkenny, the main Peugeot dealer for county Kilkenny since 1994.