The latest guest on The Clash Act with Eddie Scally is none other then Micheál Donoghue, the man widely tipped to be the next Galway manager.
The club and county All Ireland winning manager brought us through his whole managerial career right until now to give us perspective on what it takes to reach the very top.
Here is what to expect
- Working with Galway U-21’s
- Winning an All Ireland with his home club Clarinbridge
- Taking charge of Turloughmore
- Being drafted in by Eamon O’Shea for the Tipperary Backroom team
- Succeeding Anthony Cunningham as Galway manager
- Local & National media outlets cut-throat nature
- Winning the All Ireland with his home county in 2017
- Stepping Away from the role
- The retirement of Joe Canning
If you like what you hear, why not dip into the archives and listen back to some of the recent episodes where we deep-dive into careers of former Kilkenny hurlers Eddie Brennan, Noel Hickey, Brian Hogan, PJ Ryan, Paul Murphy, Peter Cleere, Eoin Larkin, John Mulhall, Michael Rice, Eddie Keher and Richie Power, Waterford’s Dan Shanahan & former manager Derek McGrath, Roscommon’s Frankie Dolan, All-Ireland senior camogie winner with Kilkenny Denise Gaule, Katie Nolan & Power, former Westmeath player John Connellan, Carlow’s Marty Kavanagh Niall Carew & Brian Tracey, Referee David Gough, Cork All-Star Larry Tompkins, former Galway All-Ireland winners Eugene Cloonan and Kevin Walsh or All-Ireland winner with Offaly Michael Duignan.
Better yet you can follow The Clash Act on your favourite podcast platform or log onto the KCLR app for fresh weekly episodes.
This podcast was brought to you with thanks to Morrissey Motors Kilkenny, the main Peugeot dealer for county Kilkenny since 1994.