January is firmly in the rear-view mirror so for the month of February, we’re making it all about food and fitness.
Over the course of the month, we’ll hear (on-air and online) from athletes, coaches, personal trainers and fitness enthusiasts as they recommend their tips, tricks and methods for getting more active and looking after yourself.
With the country remaining in lockdown with level 5 restrictions until at least 5 March, there’s never been more of an urge or desire for people to look after their health and wellbeing.
For some, it’s total transformations, for others it’s as simple as getting out and going for a walk, getting some fresh air in.
Whatever your preference, we’ll hear from nutritionists about food and food choices, we’ll talk to trainers and gym owners about routines you could be doing at home and all the while our own Scoreline team are getting involved.
Stephen, hot off his introduction to running, is getting ready for some pretty big events later this year (in the hope that they go ahead). Shane is already out on the roads as he tries to raise money for the Mater Hospital throughout February, Ken is getting to grips once more with all things Zwift and indoor cycling, and Robbie, for the moment is supervising the lot.
Food & Fitness on Scoreline.ie this February
- Feb 2: 10 kettlebell workouts to get your sweat on at home this February
- Feb 3: Minimum fitness test: Do you know how fit you are or should be?
- Feb 4: No weights? No problem. Here’s 7 bodyweight exercises to get you moving in February
- Feb 5: County Carlow Sports Partnership & IT Carlow team up for free over 60s exercise programme
- Feb 8: Keeping fit in February: KCLR’s Eimear Ní Bhraonáin shares her routine to getting back on track in 2021
- Feb 9: 6 of the best apps for keeping your fitness and exercise on track
- Feb 10: Whole-foods, plant-based: What are the benefits and what’s it all about?
If you’re working in the fitness or nutrition sector and would like to be involved, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and say hi.
The first of February’s Food & Fitness articles is out this Wednesday night.
Don’t forget you can also catch the live show with feature interviews across the month every Saturday and Sunday from 2-6pm.