Paddy Deegan will return to midfield duties for Kilkenny alongside Adrian Mullen when the Cats meet Dublin at UPMC Nowlan Park on Saturday evening.
Derek Lyng’s side to face Dublin in round four of the Leinster senior hurling championship was named early Friday morning with Deegan’s inclusion as the only change on paper to the starting fifteen who beat Antrim a fortnight ago, Alan Murphy dropping to the bench.
Lisdowney’s Aidan Tallis replaces Freshford’s Darren Brennan as standby goalkeeper while Conor Fogarty and Billy Drennan are also named among the replacements. While he was named among the matchday squad for the trip to Antrim, there is no place for Danesfort’s Richie Hogan.
Kilkenny team v Dublin
- Eoin Murphy (Glenmore)
- Mikey Butler (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Huw Lawlor (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Tommy Walsh (Tullaroan)
- David Blanchfield (Bennettsbridge)
- Richie Reid (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Darragh Corcoran (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Adrian Mullen (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Paddy Deegan (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Tom Phelan (Conahy Shamrocks)
- John Donnelly (Thomastown)
- Billy Ryan (Graigue Ballycallan)
- Martin Keoghan (Tullaroan)
- TJ Reid (Shamrocks Ballyhale)
- Eoin Cody (C, Shamrocks Ballyhale)
Subs: Aidan Tallis (Lisdowney), Conor Delaney (Erin’s Own), Cillian Buckley (Dicksboro), Pádraig Walsh (Tullaroan), Conor Fogarty (Erin’s Own), Alan Murphy (Glenmore), Timmy Clifford (Dicksboro), Walter Walsh (Tullogher Rosbercon), Cian Kenny (James Stephens), Shane Walsh (Tullaroan), Billy Drennan (Galmoy)