Evergreen manager Gary Maher doesn’t think fatigue will be a factor in the months ahead despite a number of players having played non-stop the past three seasons.
Speaking to KCLR ahead of Sunday’s Pat Maher Shield Last 16 clash at home to Newpark, Gary says they have a big squad of players to fill in when necessary.
“We would like to think not (that fatigue is an issue). Obviously, injuries and what-not are part and parcel of any season”, said Maher on air this week.
“But we have always been a firm believer – and I have often said before – that we have a squad of players. The squad is quite big I suppose in terms of a Junior panel, we have 18 to 20 lads very capable anytime of starting in our team.”
“We like to think that we manage the breaks well, so hopefully this year we notice the lad that needs a break or needs a couple of weeks off that we can give it to them and there is someone there ready to take their spot.”
“We are very confident with the strength and depth that we have within our squad. It’s something that we are well capable of looking after”.
Evergreen A are in action against Newpark this Sunday at 11am in their Kells Road venue.
Pat Maher Shield Last 16 Draw
All games play Sunday 26 August at 11am unless otherwise stated.
- Highview Athletic v East End United
- Callan United v Bridge United
- Evergreen FC A v Newpark AFC
- Clover United v Deen Celtic
- Evergreen FC B v Thomastown United (1.30pm Sunday)
- Paulstown 06 FC v Castlewarren Celtic
- Spa United AFC v Fort Rangers FC (3.30pm Sunday)
- Freebooters AFC v Stoneyford United (7pm Tuesday)