It’s been another busy weekend of camogie action, one that we’ll be recapping on today’s edition Camán Caint, our dedicated camogie podcast.
While that is expected to drop around 9 tonight, here’s a look back at the results as they happened from round 2 of the Kilkenny senior, intermediate and junior camogie championships.
A total of 46-269 was scored across the weekend with only four teams – Clara, Windgap, Lisdowney/St. Lachtain’s and Naomh Bríd – failing to find the back of the net. The biggest win of the weekend came at the junior grade with Mooncoin posting 5-18 on the scoreboard, conceding just two points to Naomh Bríd who sit bottom of group B.
Young Irelands made sure to bounce back from their opening round defeat to St. Brigids by putting 4-13 past Conahy away from home while Tullaroan ran out 3-11 to 1-7 victors over St. Martin’s.
In the intermediate championship, a pre-weekend prediction of a drawn game between Mullinavat and Emeralds/St. Anne’s proved right as the side plays out a 3-7 to 1-13 draw on Sunday morning while O’Loughlin Gaels took full points in Ballyhale.
Senior Championship (3 October)
- Clara 0-8 v Dicksboro 2-10
- Lisdowney/St. Lachtains 0-14 v Piltown 3-12
- St. Martin’s 1-7 v Tullaroan 3-11
- Conahy 1-9 v Young Irelands 4-13
- St. Brigids 3-9 v Windgap 0-15
Intermediate Championship (3 October)
- St. Claire’s 1-12 v Glenmore 1-6
- Ballyhale Shamrocks 2-5 v O’Loughlin GFaels 1-14
- Mullinavat 3-7 v Emeralds/St. Annes 1-13
- Danesfort 3-8 v Rower Inistoge 1-17
- Barrow Rangers 4-8 v James Stephens 2-14
Junior Championship (3 October)
- John Lockes/Bennettsbridge 1-5 v Carrickshock 1-16
- Mooncoin 5-18 v Naomh Brid 0-2
- Thomastown 2-11 v Dicksboro 1-5
Keep an eye on Camán Caint here with new episodes available every Monday night across championship season.