With another five year cycle complete, it’s all change at Nowlan Park for the next five years as Kilkenny County Board completed their annual convention at O’Loughlin Gaels on Thursday night.
The draws for the senior, intermediate and junior hurling championships were also made.
The only positions that saw an election needed were for the county’s Leinster Council reps which saw Paul Kinsella edged out with Willie Dempsey and Jim Fennelly’s names going forward.
Departing chair of Kilkenny county board, Ned Quinn will be a delegate to congress alongside Barry Hickey with one of the last voluntary secretaries in the country, Jimmy Walsh, stepping into the role of chair.
Here’s how your Kilkenny county board looks for the next term.
- Chairperson: Jimmy Walsh
- Vice-chair: PJ Kenny
- Secretary: Conor Denieffe
- Treasurer: Barry Hickey
- PRO: Paul Fitzgerald
- Development Officer: Seamus Reade
- Coaching Officer: Pat Tynan
- Oifigeach Gaeilge: Sean Breathnach
- Central Council Rep: Ned Quinn
- Leinster Council Reps: Willie Dempsey, Jim Fennelly
- Delegates to Leinster Conv.: Seamus Reade, Pat Henderson
- Delegates to Congress: Barry Hickey, Ned Quinn
The shape of Carlow GAA’s setup for the coming year will be determined on Friday night with their annual convention taking place in Ballinkillen at 7.30pm.