Last night the Kilkenny District league conducted the draw for their curtain-raiser tournament, the Pat Maher Shield, with some mouthwatering ties est to be played out before the league starts.
Junior Pat Maher Shield
Sunday 21 August 2022
- Callan United v Fort Rangers 11:00
- River Rangersv Newpark 11:00
- St Canices v Castlewarren Celtic 11:00
- Stoneyford United v St. Johns 11:00
- Deen Celtic v Highview Athletic 14:30
- East End United v Tullaroan 14:30
- Evergreen v Freebooters 14:30
- Lions v Ormonde Villa 14:30
Wednesday 24 August 2022
- Callan United or Fort Rangers v Bridge United 18:30
- East End or Tullaroan v Spa United 18:30
- River Rangers or New Park v Freshford Town 18:30
- Thomastown United v Evergreen or Freebooters
Revised player registration fees will stand at
- Schoolboys €8 + €1 FAI fee, €9 total €300 per club
- Men’s €43 +€2 FAI fee, €45 total
- U19 €23 +€2 FAI, €25 total.
Registration opens on 1 September and will be run through Club Force, replacing the previously existing FAI.net platform.
Speaking to Scoreline, Kilkenny and District League Honorary Secretary Tom Mullins explained that while the fees will increase, there are limits.
Citing increased league operation costs, Mullins says “it’s our first increase in registration fees in six years, but it will be capped. Previously it was €650 per team and we’re changing registration to per player. This will be limited to 20 players, per team”, says Mullins.
Those fees and limits will apply to clubs involved in junior adult competitions, with schoolboys addressed separately. After 20 players, clubs will have to pay the standard FAI €2 charge per player on registration.
With the Pat Maher Shield set to take place on 21 and 24 August, local fans can look forward to the return of the Premier Division on Sunday 28 August with remaining divisions set to start on the weekend of 4 September.
We’ll have more on Scoreline this weekend as we look ahead to the start of the Pat Maher shield and the return of the Premier Division before the end of the month.