Soccer action in Kilkenny is coming thick and fast this month.
With the Maher Shield down to the final stages and the KCLR McCalmont Cup continuing this past weekend, Wednesday night saw a number of games played out in the Premier Cup, Division 1 Cup and Division 2 Cup.
Updated: Thursday24/6 @10.05pm
Freebooters showed cup class at home and away, Freebooters B taking a 2-0 win at Fairgreen against Thomastown United A.
The home side got the go-ahead with a penalty on the half-hour mark before closing things out with ten minutes left to play.
Meanwhile, Freebooters A hit a smash-and-grab win at the Kells Road to send Evergreen A packing, the game finishing 3-2. A brace from Jason Hennessy and another from David Rice made sure the city side progress to the next round.
Castlewarren Celtic made full use of the astroturf pitch on the Kells Road to put three past River Rangers and book their spot in the semi-finals. Two from Eddie O’Neill including a goal-of-the-season contender along with a strike from Robbie Dowling ensuring the win.
Mock Lawlor Premier Cup (23/6)
- Evergreen A 2-3 Freebooters A
- Freebooters B 2-0 Thomastown United A
- Highview Athletic A 3-3 Deen Celtic A
Billy Leahy Memorial Division 1 Cup (23/6)
- Ormonde Villa FC 1-0 Evergreen C
- Newpark A 2-1 Fort Rangers FC
- Callan United 1-0 Stoneyford United
Ken & Michael Byrne Division 2 Cup (23/6)
- Spa United A 0-2 Bridge United B
- Thomastown United B 0-3 Freebooters C (walkover for Freebooters)
- Freshford Town 4-0 Highview Athletic B
- Castlewarren Celtic 3-1 River Rangers
Thursday night results
Thursday evening sees three games up for decision in the Jim Maher Memorial Cup (Division 3)
- Tullaroan 3-2 Evergreen 46
- Newpark B 4-1 Brookville AFC
- St Canice’s 6-2 St. John’s FC
All games have a 7.30pm kick-off.
The next round draw for the KCLR McCalmont Cup will take place on Scoreline this Saturday afternoon at 3pm.