Ahead of Saturday’s crunch Leinster Senior Hurling Championship semi final against Wexford, the Wexford county board and An Garda Siochana have released the following details for those traveling to Innovate Wexford Park.
Throw in Saturday is at 7pm with the gates at Wexford Park opening at 3.30pm in an effort to encourage supporters to arrive early for the match.
- All Supporters are encouraged to come early and not to leave it to the last minute and to car pool where possible.
- Traffic/ Parking Restrictions will be in place around Innovate Wexford Park with particular restrictions around the residential areas of Corish Park, Liam Mellows Park, Whiterock View, Woodfield, Ashfield Drive, Beechlawn, Pineridge, Clonard Road & Summerhill.
- Garda will be on duty on specific points and on mobile patrol to ensure that no parking breaches occur, for example parking on double yellow lines, on footpaths etc. Gardai will issue tickets and tow vehicles away in instances were parking breaches occur and where access to homes of local residents or emergency routes are blocked.
- Designated Parking facilities provided at Clonard Church, St Peters College, North End Soccer Club, Clonard GAA Pitches and Public Car Parking Facilities in Wexford Town and its Environs. Limited parking also available in and around the Whitemill Industrial Estate.
- Patrons coming to this event must have a valid ticket to gain entry to the match. This applies to all supporters including children (babies) regardless of age. This will be strictly enforced by GAA Officials.
- Due to the large crowd, supporters should be cognisance that delays can be expected and we would ask all motorists to be patient as it will take time for traffic to disperse.
- Only official Leinster Council GAA Car Pass Holders will be allowed access to the ground.
Can’t get to the game? Or better still, want to listen to our commentary while you’re in the stands? Catch the game on air and online at kclrfanzone.com and through the Irish Radioplayer app.