Motorsport Ireland’s karting commission has launched its “Girls on Track” initiative.
They say it will support Irish female Motorsport Ireland (MI) license holders, who are competing in MI Karting events across Ireland from the age of six years upwards.
Kart Racing is an all-inclusive sport catering for both male and female competitors and is one of the few sports where male and female competitors can compete together on a level playing field from an early age.
The Commission wants to ensure that young girls competing in karting are supported, encouraged, and given equal opportunities so that they can achieve their full potential while enjoying a lifelong involvement in the sport.
The objectives of Motorsport Ireland Karting Girls on Track are as follows:
- Develop a programme of activity that will help young motorsport Ireland female license holders to reach their full potential.
- Develop social and educational programs in order to encourage greater participation of women in motorsport.
- Support young female drivers with mentoring, coaching, physical training, and sports psychology.
- Increase the visibility and profile of all the female drivers in our sport
- Demonstrate that women are recognised and valued by the Motorsport Ireland Kart Commission.
An open forum meeting for Girls on Track will be held on Wednesday 26th May at 19.30 via Zoom to kick of the 2021 Karting Season. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to attend.