Big changes were expected for both Kilkenny and Cork ahead of this Sunday’s Allianz Hurling League semi-final with both sides picking up knocks in the past fortnight.
With the Kilkenny team announced on Friday night, there have been a number of changes made for Derek Lyng’s side including a return to goal for Glenmore’s Eoin Murphy while Danesfort’s Richie Hogan, recovering from a ham string injury, is named to start. Whether that holds true on Sunday remains to be seen.
There’s also a return to the starting lineup for the O’Loughlin Gaels duo of Mikey Butler and Huw Lawlor, while the Shamrocks Ballyhale trio of Paddy Mullen, Richie Reid and Eoin Cody all sit out. As expected, there’s no place for Adrian Mullen or TJ Reid who aren’t expected to return to the fold until the championship gets undereway.
Graigue-Ballycallan’s Billy Ryan also misses out with Dicksboro’s Timmy Clifford named in the half-forward line.
Kilkenny team to face Cork
- Eoin Murphy (Glenmore)
- Mikey Butler (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Tommy Walsh (Tullaroan)
- Padraig Walsh (Tullaroan)
- Darragh Corcoran (C, Ballyhale Shamrocks)
- Huw Lawlor (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- David Blanchfield (Bennettsbridge)
- Conor Fogarty (Erin’s Own)
- Alan Murphy (Glenmore)
- Timmy Clifford (Dicksboro)
- John Donnelly (Thomastown)
- Paddy Deegan (O’Loughlin Gaels)
- Billy Drennan (Galmoy)
- Martin Keoghan (Tullaroan)
- Richie Hogan (Danesfort)
Subs: Darren Brennan (St. Lachtains), Conor Delaney (Erin’s Own), Evan Cody (Dicksboro), Daire O’Neill (Danesfort), Des Dunne (Danesfort), Ronan Corcoran (Shamrocks Ballyhale), Cian Kenny (James Stephens), Niall Brennan (Lisdowney), Shane Walsh (Tullaroan), Gearóid Dunne (Tullaroan), Tom Phelan (Conahy Shamrocks)
Cork team to face Kilkenny
- Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
- Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons) Captain
- Eoin Downey (Glen Rovers)
- Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
- Tommy O’Connell (Midleton)
- Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr)
- Rob Downey (Glen Rovers)
- Brian Roche (Bride Rovers)
- Ethan Twomey (St Finbarr’s)
- Conor Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
- Conor Lehane (Midleton)
- Shane Barrett (Blarney)
- Shane Kingston (Douglas)
- Padraig Power (Blarney)
- Jack O’Connor (Sarsfields)
Subs: Ger Collins (Ballinhassig), Ger Mellerick (Fr O’Neills), Cormac O’Brien (Newtownshandrum), Sam Quirke (Midleton), Brian O’Sullivan (Kanturk), Tim O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum), Brian Hayes (St Finbarr’s), Luke Meade (Newcestown), Alan Cadogan (Douglas), Cormac Beausang (Midleton), Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
Catch this game, and every Kilkenny game, live in full on KCLR this weekend with thanks to Laharts, the home of Volkswagen in Kilkenny.