The second round of the Carlow football championships are in the bag with clubs getting a break from action this coming weekend.
With three days of games, there was plenty to take in and a few surprises in store for those in the stands or listening on air.
We began our live coverage on Friday night with a win for Bagenalstown Gaels over Ballinabranna, which you can listen back to below.
Saturday evening saw Palatine continue their bright start to this year’s championships with a big win over defending county champions Rathvilly.
Then on Sunday we were in the stands for the meeting of Tinryland and Éire Óg with the sides level when normal time ran out. Four minutes into injury time, with the scores tied at 1-08 to 0-11, up stepped Tinryland’s Danny Moran with a score for the ages to edge the game by a single point.
Mount Leinster Rangers also got off the mark with a two-point win over Old Leighlin in the last of Sunday’s senior games.
Here’s a full rundown of the senior, intermediate and junior club football action from the weekend.
Carlow senior football championship
- Mount Leinster Rangers 3-08 v 2-09 Old Leighlin
- Tinryland 0-12 v 1-08 Éire Óg
- Rathvilly 1-07 v 4-11 Palatine
- Bagenalstown Gaels 1-10 v 1-06 Ballinabranna
Carlow intermediate football championship
- Éire Óg 1-09 v 2-11 Fenagh
- Grange 7-14 v 0-03 O’Hanrahans
- Kilbridge 1-07 v 0-09 Kildavin/Clonegal
- St. Patrick’s 0-16 v 0-16 Naomh Eoin
Carlow junior football championship (A+B)
- Ballinabranna 2-18 v 0-08 Éire Óg
- Kildavin/Clonegal 0-05 v 0-15 Naomh Moling
- Naomh Eoin 0-04 v 3-13 Rathvilly
- Fighting Cocks 0-13 v 1-16 Leighlinbridge
- Asca 3-11 v 0-06 Fenagh
- Old Leighlin 1-08 v 4-05 Palatine
- Clonmore 3-14 v 0-0 Tinryland