When it comes to weight management for pro MMA bouts, rarely does Myles Price put a foot wrong.
The Kilkenny native steps into the PFL SmartCage this coming Saturday morning (Friday night in the US) against former UFC lightweight contender Jeremy Stephens.
Price stepped on the scales on Thursday afternoon at 155.2lb, Stephens just hitting the 156lb limit for their scheduled lightweight matchup.
Fan-favorite Clay Collard also came in at 155.2 pounds as he looks to punch his ticket to the PFL Playoffs for a second consecutive season.
Collard was victorious in his 2022 season debut, winning a unanimous decision in a fight-of-the-year candidate against veteran Jeremy Stephens. Collard earned 3 points in the lightweight rankings with the victory. His opponent, Alexander Martinez, came in at 155.8 pounds as he tries to also book a return trip to the PFL Playoffs. Martinez picked up a unanimous decision win over Stevie Ray at PFL 1 in April.
In the co-main event, 2021 PFL Light Heavyweight Champion Antonio “Shoeface” Carlos Jr. of Brazil faces compatriot Bruce “Soldado de Cristo” Souto in a Light Heavyweight contest. Carlos Jr. weighed in at 205.8 pounds. After a spectacular submission win over Delan Monte in the reigning champions’ season debut, Carlos Jr. is in prime position for another semifinal appearance.
A win at PFL 4 will likely secure his place and move him a step closer to back-to-back titles. Souto, meanwhile, 205.2 pounds, will try to salvage a spot in the semifinals. The PFL Challenger Series contract winner came up short in his season debut but will look to bounce back against the reigning 205-pound champion.
Due to complications during his weight cut Bruno Miranda will be replaced by PFL alternate Jake Childress. Childress will step into the SmartCage against Nate Jennerman in the first bout of the night.
PFL 4 official weigh-in results
- Clay Collard (155.2 lbs.) vs. Alexander Martinez (155.8 lbs.)
- Antonio Carlos Jr. (205.8 lbs.) vs. Bruce Souto (205.2 lbs.)
- Raush Manfio (155.8 lbs.) vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.8 lbs.)
- Jeremy Stephens (156 lbs.) vs. Myles Price (155.2 lbs.)
- Omari Akhmedov (203.2 lbs.) vs. Teodoras Aukstuolis (204 lbs.)
- Natan Schulte (156 lbs.) vs. Marcin Held (155.6 lbs.)
- Emiliano Sordi (204.8 lbs.) vs. Delan Monte (205.6 lbs.)
- Robert Wilkinson (206 lbs.) vs. Viktor Pesta (205.8 lbs.)
- Marthin Hamlet (205.6 lbs.) vs. Josh Silveira (205.6 lbs.)
- Jake Childress (155 lbs.) vs. Nate Jennerman (155 lbs.)
How to watch PFL 4
PFL 4, for irish fight fans, will be shown from 2am on Channel 4 and we’ll have live stream links available here on Scoreline.ie from Friday.