The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board will convene on Friday to decide what sanction should be applied to trainer Gordon Elliott.
Cheveley Park Stud have withdrawn eight horses from the Meath handler’s yard following the photo scandal.
They include stable star ‘Envoi Allen’, who has gone to Henry de Bromhead, Willie Mullins will also get horses from the yard.
Overnight the Irish Racehorse Trainers Association (IRTA) released a statement saying they “utterly condemn the image that emerged over the weekend. As one of our most prominent and successful members, Gordon has a duty of care to his horses and this great sport but he has let down both himself and horse racing”.
“However, we acknowledge his apology and recognise what is a very difficult time for him both professionally and personally”.
The Co Meath-based trainer has already been suspended from racing in the UK for what he described as a “moment of madness”.
Minister of State for Sport Jack Chambers insisted Elliott needs to be held accountable, and said he does not want to see him racing horses at Cheltenham in two weeks’ time.
Elsewhere jockey Rob James from Wexford issued an apology after a video of him sitting on a dead horse emerged this week.
In a statement, he says “I would just like to apologise for my actions which were wholly inappropriate and disrespectful to a lovely five-year-old mare, who unfortunately suffered a sudden cardiac arrest while at exercise earlier that morning, April 30th, 2016.
“I sincerely apologise to the owners of the mare, the staff who cared for her, the horseracing industry and all followers of horse racing for my actions.”
He added: “I have caused embarrassment to my employers, my family and most importantly the sport I love.”