Joining Eddie on the podcast this week is none other then former Waterford manager Derek McGrath. Derek was in charge of The Crystal County for five years from 2013 to 2018, seeing them lift the league title after an unbeaten campaign.
Here is what to expect
- The Draw Wexford v Clare, Laois v Waterford, How he sees these games going
- Last weeks refereeing decision
- Injustices in sport and how he dealt with them
- His management style / regrets about how he dropped senior players in 2014
- The culture he tried to create in Waterford
- Handling criticism from within and online trolls etc
- Big defeat to Tipp in 2016
- Going “FT” in hurling management
- Work/Hurling/Life Balance
- Sunday Game punditry
- What next ?
If you like what you hear, why not dip into the archives and listen back to some of the recent episodes where we deep-dive into careers of former Kilkenny hurlers Eddie Brennan, Noel Hickey, Brian Hogan, PJ Ryan, Paul Murphy, Peter Cleere, Eoin Larkin, John Mulhall and Richie Power, Waterford’s Dan Shanahan , Roscommon’s Frankie Dolan, All-Ireland senior camogie winner with Kilkenny Denise Gaule, Katie Nolan & Power, former Westmeath player John Connellan, Carlow’s Niall Carew & Brian Tracey, Referee David Gough, Cork All Star Larry Tompkins, former Galway All-Ireland winners Eugene Cloonan and Kevin Walsh or All-Ireland winner with Offaly Michael Duignan.
Better yet you can follow The Clash Act on your favourite podcast platform or log onto the KCLR app for fresh weekly episodes.
This podcast was brought to you with thanks to Morrissey Motors Kilkenny, the main Peugeot dealer for county Kilkenny since 1994.